Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Dinner Time: Pleasure or Panic!

I don't know about all of you but I have a really hard time with deciding what to make for dinner. I try to plan menus and shop according to them but eventually I stop doing that and I spend $125 at the grocery store and still have nothing to make for dinner. We have many (as Ben calls them) "Free For All" nights where we just all pick something out of the pantry or fridge to eat. That's a really good thing to teach my kids, isn't it? So I've been scouring cooking sites, recipes sites, etc., and came across something I really like! This e-mealz.com has an easy to follow menu of stuff that my family will actually eat (some websites have exotic menus that my family, and probably I, would not even try) and a grocery list to help me aisle-by-aisle. Some of you may think, "How lame is she that she has to have someone do that for her!" But this is SO helpful in a time when I'm already pretty busy with other things!!! And the best part is that they are new and different things than the same 20 meals I make over and over! So if you want some help in this area too, this is the cheapest and easiest way I've found, and I thought I'd share!
E-Mealz will simplify your life, save time & money!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is great. I'll have to check it out! You can never have too many good recipes.

I've been using KraftFoods.com and their Express Checkout. It's basically a shopping list, recipes w/ pictures, for 5 days of meals. The food is also yummy and my kids will eat it.

Nicole said...

hey fun! Thanks for the tip! Although, I will NEVER escape the occasional free-for-all night. I'll just get that off my chest right now. Especially with number three on the way. You understand.

Chelsea said...

I panic over dinner all the time - and I'm only cooking for 3! It just gets so monotonous cooking EVERY single day. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check that out.