Friday, December 5, 2008

Presents around the Christmas Tree

Many of you know that we replaced the carpet in our house in May and I'm happy to say it has been unscathed since then. No spills or accidents of any kind. Until today. I was just checking a friend's blog when I heard a gagging sound. I had given Natalie a banana a few minutes before and I looked over toward the Christmas tree just in time to see her throw up a banana on my carpet. :( I was so sad about the carpet and a little worried about Natalie. :) She was totally fine. I guess she just gagged on something and couldn't control it. Three times. :( At least I have a carpet cleaner and some great stain remover, Folex! :) Not exactly the kind of presents you want to find around the Christmas tree.

We set up our tree and decorated on Monday for Family Night. It's beginning to feel like Christmas even though it doesn't totally look that way. There's no snow here but I have about 10,000 huge yellow leaves on my lawn, on my walkway, on my driveway, on my porch, and on my welcome mat. I should probably do something about that. :) But it's way too cold, so I'll sit here and blog and watch more yellow leaves fall outside my window. ;)

5 comments:

Scotty and Meg said...

The best presents are surprises right??? I am a huge folex fan thanks to you. I love that stuff.

Amy Pennington said...

ewww....there should be a puke warning before people's blogs...seriously not cool!

You know me and vomit we don't mix and somehow so many are writing about it and think it's good blog material...ummmm not me!

PS I agree it is not a present I want under my tree...nope not me!

Oh and bananas gag me too! icck!

Bryner Family said...

Sorry Amy. I even thought about putting a disclaimer for you when I posted. Sorry I didn't! :)

Niesha said...

LOL! I guess I should be glad for my old carpet.

Sorensens said...

Oh, poor thing. That is no fun and the clean up is gross. I have to agree no one wants that kind of present under the tree.

Hope you guys are doing good and have a Merry Christmas