Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Recent Conversations, Medical Updates & Family Fun

[Miranda saying something nobody knew that she already knew.]
JILL: How did she KNOW that?
MOM: She's really smart and remembers everything lately.
MIRANDA (with a proud smirk on her face): Yep, I know things!

MOM: What would you like for lunch?
MIRANDA: I don't want anything.
MOM: Really? I'm hungry. Let's go eat.
MIRANDA: I don't want ANY FOOD!
MOM: How about a yogurt drink?
MIRANDA: That's JUST what I was thinking! I want a yogurt drink!
MOM (shaking my head and laughing at how silly she is): Miranda, you make me smile.
MIRANDA (very excitedly): Mom, YOU make ME smile TOO!!! :) But not Natalie, she's not smiling.

MIRANDA: Mom, I want some chocolate pudding.
MOM: Sure, after you finish a healthy lunch.
MIRANDA: I just want pudding.
MOM: Let's have some applesauce.
MIRANDA: I'm NOT HUNGRY!
MOM: Then why do you want pudding? Pudding is food too.
[Miranda gives up and walks away without finishing lunch... again.]

MIRANDA (whispering): Mommy?
MOM (whispering back because she's usually just put a baby doll to sleep when she whispers): Yes?
MIRANDA: Can I play a game with you?
MOM: Sure. (looking around for a baby doll) Why are we whispering?
MIRANDA (still whispering): I don't know!

[Jillian getting frustrated with something.]
JILLIAN: Oh, this is so vexing!
MOM: Where in the world did you hear that word?
JILLIAN: On my Nintendo DS. One of the girls on "My Sims" said that. It means frustrating or annoying.
*I guess I have my very own Word Girl! I'm so proud that my daughter is learning from her video games. Hee hee.*

My kids certainly keep me entertained and amazed. We are all finally feeling well and it makes a HUGE difference in the home atmosphere. :) Miranda & Natalie had both had a bad cough and fever during the New Year's trip we took to Kansas. They were basically over it but we went to the dr yesterday anyway for Nat's 2 year checkup. I scheduled it a bit late and she was 2 for over 2 months before they could fit her in. She has grown 3 inches and gained 4 lbs since her last visit to the dr in April. My kids grow fast! She had to get her last immunization until kindergarten (one small Hep A shot) and she didn't cry or flinch or act like she noticed a needle was in her leg. I just sat her up and pulled up her pants and she was ready to go get her sticker and mosey on out of there. She walks by kind of hopping up and down when she's excited. Almost a skip. Totally adorable. I need to get it on video.

After Natalie got checked out, I asked the dr to just check Miranda's ears because she had cried from ear pain a few times in the last two days. He said she had a beautiful ear infection going in one of her ears, so she's on antibiotics but seems to be feeling great now. So as soon as that's done, we'll be on the probiotics to build up her immune system again. We want to not be sick again for a REALLY long time.

The rest of us are all better too. Hooray!

We had a great trip to Kansas and the girls did great in the van both ways. I think I had a harder time. I was so ready to get out of that van! I'm enjoying being home. :) I am so glad I got to spend a few days with my parents, my brother & his family, my aunts & uncles, and my grandma. I even got to talk to my best friend since kindergarten for half an hour at her jewelry store. We both had sick kids, so we didn't get them together this trip. I was so blessed to have so much family and so many great friends when I was growing up. My kids don't have the family close, which is kind of sad, but hopefully our church family and our great friends will make up for that a little.

So that's the update. I'll get pictures on here soon of some of our adventures. Unfortunately, I didn't even get my camera out during most of the holidays. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

7 comments:

Kiera said...

Miranda sounds so funny. I love the funny things kids say! I am glad you are all feeling better!

Crysta said...

I love the chocolate pusdding conversation! We totally have these conversations on a daily basis. Vexing...what in the world? What a smarty pants. We were at the ER with Spencer for 4 hours today...not fun! He has been sick for 12 days with fever and cough. I always give the kids probiotics while they are on the antibiotics too. I wonder if I should wait until after....mmmm....I have a love hate relationship with antibiotics!

Crysta said...

I mean pudding... :)

Melynie said...

Funny conversations!! So good of you to record all these. Glad everyone's better! Sorry we missed you over vacation.

PS: We move in next weekend. Yeah!!!

Amy Pennington said...

Love your conversations!!! Glad you are feeling better..now I have it:)

Meredith said...

We've all had the junk too and so far we haven't all been 'well' at the same time, we're still praying for that! :) Ben has it now but it almost seems like Syd is starting to cough again so maybe we're making another go-round, oh bother! I'm glad y'all are feeling better, it really does make such a huge difference in the house! The conversations are so fun, I need to be better about writing down the ones I have with Sydney - my Dad says she is always telling us things that are 'profound', I like that word!!! We miss our Bryners, I think Syd still thinks you live here and we just don't ever see you for some reason!

Nicole said...

Vexing?! Oh, that is hilarious! And Miranda sounds like constant entertainment. Aren't kiddos the best? WEll....most of the time?