Monday, October 15, 2007

On a lighter note...

My friend did this husband post on her blog and I thought it was cute, so I'm stealing it from her. Thanks Chelsea! :)

What is his name? goes by Ben

How long have you been married? It will be 9 years next month! We're no longer newlyweds, I guess!

How long did you date? We met August of 1997 and had mutual friends but didn't start dating until June of 1998. We had our first kiss at the beginning of July and were engaged by the end of July! So we didn't seem to date very long but we knew each other well! :)

How old is he? He'll be 33 next month. He robbed the cradle with lil' ol' me.

Who eats more? Definitely him. He eats everything I make and never complains, which is very nice! He'll even "offer" to finish what's on the girls' plates -- sometimes before they're even done! :)

Who said I love you first? Man, I should really know this. I would guess that I said it first because I'm more verbal with my "I love you" but maybe I should ask if he remembers. Yeah right! :)

Who is taller? He is! 6'2". I'm 5'7.5" and I think I'm tall until I give him a hug and he towers over me!

Who sings better? I am a choir/musical/sing-all-the-time kind of girl and he's a "sing along with my 80's hair band or hard rock music" kind of guy. He would say I sing better but I think I just do it more. And in public. :)

Who is smarter? He would say he is. :) He thinks he's right about everything and he usually is but I still try to make him be humble. :) He respects me and thinks I'm brilliant about lots of things. But if we're talking about historical or scientific facts or playing Trivial Pursuit, he is ALWAYS right. Argh!!!

Whose temper is worse? His. It's not as bad as it used to be thankfully (I'm such a good influence!) but he gets really upset about things really fast! But he also calms down quickly too. Anyone who knows him but doesn't know him that well would never believe he isn't always calm and laidback. :)

Who does the laundry? I do. It is very hard to keep it all done all the time in this growing family but he is very sweet about asking if his certain shirt or pants or whatever will be clean for him to wear the next day. I really appreciate that!

Who does the dishes? I do. He can do them and would be fine helping with things but I like stuff done my way, so I kindly ask him to leave it to me. He likes to stack everything on the counter in piles (he's a bit OCD), even though I'm just about to load the dishwasher. Just move outta the way!!! :)

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If we're laying in bed, he is to my right. If you're looking at our bed, I'm on the right. :)

Who pays the bills? I do. And it causes me great anxiety when he says, "What?! I thought we had 'x' number of dollars left?" But whenever I kindly offer to let him take over, he says, "No, I trust you and you're doing a great job." :) I love taking care of the bills when we have enough money to pay them all and save some.

Who mows the lawn? Ben does but he hates it. I actually like planting flowers but it's really hard to do yard work with the kids. I vow to do better next year!

Who cooks dinner? I do most of the time. Sometimes he'll offer to make quesadillas or some other specialty of his and I love that!

Who drives when you are together? He thinks he's the best driver on the road and really can't stand to let me drive. Sometimes I insist though!

Who is more stubborn? Definitely him.

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Probably him. It's hard for both of us! :)

Whose parents do you see the most? Probably his since they are only 1 hour away but my mom visits pretty often, so that might be a tie! :)

Who proposed? Um... we were kind of just discussing marriage and realized we both wanted to marry the other. Then we announced to our friends that we were engaged! But he did get down on one knee to give me my ring a month later on my birthday! :)

Who is more sensitive? Definitely me!

Who has more friends? I do. He doesn't need friends and social interaction the same way that I do!

Who has more siblings? He's one of 5 kids and I have one great brother. Ben wins this one.

Who wears the pants in the family? I think we both do. I kind of just do what needs to be done and take care of a lot, with regard to the family and our home, but I defer to "Dad" in matters that I think he should be involved in and I think he appreciates that. We are a good team.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Aaah, Ben, such a good guy! We are lucky, we both got good Ben's...Hope you're having a great day!

Amy Pennington said...

That is a cute survey maybe I will steal it:)

Nicole said...

this was fun to read Brandi! you can learn a lot about people from random questions. And hey, I just browsed your friend Courtney's blog. How great that they are willing to "put that out there". We learn the most from our own struggles, but sometimes taking a glimpse at other peoples can be pretty powerful too. I'm sure she appreciates all of you supporting her!

Nicole said...

Hey! Me again. Your blog looks awesome! Nice update. I need to do something to "spruce" mine up. It's a little boring and flat. I really like this. Now you need to post something!