Friday, January 11, 2008

Still Kickin'

Hey all... we're still alive. It has been CRAZY lately and every member of my family has been to the doctor in the past 3 weeks. Yuck! But I think we're mainly better now. Poor M has a double ear infection now but surely that has to be the end of this cold/flu/sinus infection/ear infection/throat infection misery that has infested our household!

Our house has had several showings but no offers yet, unfortunately. Selling a house in this market is awful. We dropped the price some this week. We've found a house in A-town that we really like but can't do anything about it yet. B moved into a lovely (ha ha) little one bedroom apartment in A-town to start work this past week. It's anything BUT lovely and he's very lonely but he's loving his new job and he'll come home tonight after being gone all week and we are ALL thrilled! Being a single mom is SO draining. I don't know how people do that all of the time. I guess I'm spoiled because I have a husband that helps and when he's not here, I am extremely affected! :)

M and I were sick for Christmas which was miserable but we're going to make up for it next Christmas in our new house where everything will surely be fabulous! :) I keep telling the kiddos that. I really am anxious to just get moving and start our A-town life together! So that's all about us. I'm going to Kansas next week to visit my parents and attend my brother's fiancee's bridal shower, so I'll have a lot of people to hang out with and help with the kiddos. Yay!

I've felt pretty house bound with sick kids and then once they were better, pretty much all of my friends have had sick kids too, so the past few weeks have not been much fun. But it's 60 degrees today and for that I am grateful!!!

My computer died this week (2nd time in two months), so we bought a new computer that should be here soon. As long as my computer holds out, I will try to keep the blog more updated now.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I think every child in the world must be sick right now. All three of mine were sick from Thanksgiving to New Year's. We are finally pulling out of it, but meanwhile, I think I didn't see the sun for several days.

Sounds like you're in the same boat!

Michelle said...

Ooh, you're brother's getting married again? How lovely. Pass on my congratulations!

Sorry you guys were so sick, I think there was some kind of epidemic going on over Christmas. Half my cousins ended up in the hospital over Christmas with pneumonia and asthma complications...anyway, glad everyone's getting better.

Crysta said...

I hear you with the sick kids....I miss getting together with you. I am glad Ben likes his new job. Enjoy your trip to Kansas.

Amy Pennington said...

it is great to read your blog again...been missing you! I sure hope you sell soon so you don't have to do the work widow thing anymore! have a fun week in kansas...call if you need a quick pick up!