Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just living my life

I kind of feel like I've already moved. My stuff is all packed and stored mostly in the garage. My house is basically empty except for essential staging furniture. I haven't "hung out" with any friends recently and the only thing that's gotten me out of the house for a week is grocery shopping, church, and a gynecologist appointment. Thrilling. I really need to just start living my life again. I feel in limbo waiting for the house to sell but I really should try to give my children normal experiences like playdates and going to the park. So I'm going to do better!

We're taking a road trip to A-town tomorrow to house hunt some more but basically it's just an excuse to go visit Daddy! We're going to have a sleepover in the cruddy apartment! Hoorah! Should be a lovely experience. :)

A good friend posted on her blog that New Kids on the Block are back together. WHAT!? They're not exactly new anymore, or kids for that matter, but I'm excited to see what they sound like together now. I brought up some old music videos of theirs on Youtube and had my girls come watch. They went crazy dancing, screaming at the cute boys (I showed them the proper technique), and even Miss N was boogying and clapping and giggling! She then proceeded to take off her clothes and dance in her diaper (which I did NOT show her how to do) but it was a lot of good, clean fun! I'll have to take video of the madness next time!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

no way! NKOTB!!! Can't wait to see how that turns out. Good luck w the house hunt.

Amy Pennington said...

love those old men on the block too! so fun that you all had fun listening to the videos! have fun in a town!

Meredith said...

Have a great weekend...enjoy Abilene! Call us next time you go to the park, Syd would love some Jill & Miranda time.

NOBODY said...

Well at least you got to see the gyno!

I really dislike the limbo-living of an impending move. Don't feel too badly about your girls not having "normal" days because well, it's not normal! And sometimes still Bo refers lovingly to the good ol' days when there were boxes in every corner of our house. :)