Tuesday, February 5, 2008

House Swap

Well, hallelujah, our house is under contract! If all goes well (please everyone cross your fingers!!!), we will close on our house on February 26th! We put an offer (contingent on this one actually selling) on a home in A-town this morning, so we're waiting to hear back on that. It's an older home but in a nice area and the size we wanted, so we'll get to do some HGTV-esque renovations. I hope they'll come "spice up my kitchen" for me! :) Of course, you have to have $40K to $50K for them to use to do that renovation, so... yeah, it'll just be us. I am so excited that we might be able to "move on" and live with B again soon! J was a little emotional about the thought of leaving her house. I told her we'll take all of her things and the most important part is that she'll have the people she loves coming with her. She'll definitely miss her friends and the familiarity of this home but I think just having EVERYTHING change at once would be hard on anyone. I think it will be exciting though and I'm trying to encourage her to see it that way too. We're going to A-town again this weekend to set up our bank account, mortgage pre-approval stuff, and attend church there. I can't wait! :) Am I going to miss it here??? Yes, of course. But I can't think about that or else I'll get too sad, so I'm just focusing on the positive! :)

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm so glad for you...kindof! Ben asked me if I told you that we were ok with you moving until you actually decided to pack up and LEAVE! :) We will miss you but I'm glad your sweet family will be back together again, not just on the weekend, that's great news! Thanks for the cupcakes by the way - yummy!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I remember my family moved when I was 11 from the house I grew up in. The day before we moved, I wrote my name on the wall in the bottom corner of my closet. I wonder if it's still there? Anyway, change is always a bit emotional. I'm glad things appear to be going well! :)

Amy Pennington said...

I am so happy that you got a contract...I know that has been a stresser for you! And I moved far from home when I was J's age....while I did look behind me as we drove away...we were blessed with bigger and better friends and opportunities at the new home. good luck girl!

Melissa said...

Yeah! Is the house in A the same one you were telling me about? I am so excited for you. I'm sure this last month has been hard on you and Ben. We'll come see you every time we drive to Phoenix!