Thursday, February 21, 2008

All packed up with nowhere to go!

Well, my awesome mother-in-law called yesterday and said she thought I might want a little help packing. Yeah! So she said she'd be here in an hour and spent about four hours with me yesterday packing up my kitchen! I didn't know it would take so long, so I am SO glad I had help. So we left out a few dishes to use but nothing to cook with. So we're finishing up all the frozen stuff we can microwave and we have sandwich stuff and chips and applesauce for lunches, so we'll have to get inventive for dinners, but it's kind of fun living a minimalistic life! ;) B will be home TOMORROW!!! Hooray. We haven't seen him in almost 2 weeks and the girls are going crazy. We get to pack up the garage on Saturday (yippee) and hopefully relax in our boxed up house on Sunday. The movers are showing up at 9 a.m. Monday and I have two good friends who offered to watch my kiddos, so they won't be getting in the way of the movers. I just can't wait for this to all be over and to be surrounded by boxes in my new house. :)

We spent several days in Kansas last week to attend my brother's wedding reception and visit with family. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad I got to "get away" for a bit, so I could come home ready to pack. We'll be in A-town soon!!!

2 comments:

Kiera said...

Good luck with the move! We will miss you guys and I will keep checking your blog to keep updated with your lives!!

Amy Pennington said...

wow that is so nice to get some good working help:) and moms/mother in laws usually kick butt at that or Meredith either ones:)

good luck with the move this week! I know you will make that new house a home fast and meet lots of friendly people in your new ward!