Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Feel Hollow

My mom called me last night and told me she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is worried about me having a hard time. She is worried that I will worry about her too much. She's worried that now my risk of getting breast cancer has tripled and I need to get checked yearly from now on. She is the most selfless, wonderful mother I could ever ask for and an incredible grandmother and I am so upset that she has to go through this awful, miserable experience of a mastectomy and chemo. But she is a strong, healthy person and I feel strongly that she will be fine. It just REALLY stinks that she has to go through this at all. She's only 55! Please keep her (Nancy) in your prayers please. Thank you.





9 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Woa. I am so sorry. We'll definitely keep you all in our prayers. Let me know what else I can do for you!

Christy said...

I'm so sorry Brandi. I know what you're going through. My mom was diagnosed last December with breast cancer at the age of 55. She did a double mastectomy and is almost through with chemo & then does radiation. It's hard to not live closer to her. Our prayers are with you guys. Let me know if we can do anything to help.

Kiera said...

That is so hard! You are in our prayers!

Meredith said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, she will be in our prayers....and you too, I'm sure you will do your fair share of worrying.

Jenna said...

I can't think of any words, or even the right words at all, so I just want to send our love and prayers to your family. If there is anything we can do please let us know. You have been a blessing to me, Brandi. I love your knowledge, testimony, and the love you have for your family. These things will help you get through the very hard times.

Amy Pennington said...

girl I tried to comment last night when i read it....and blogger wouldn't work. I am so sorry to hear that your mom is suffering! I will keep her in my prayers for healing! and for you to have comfort.

Crysta said...

I can't even believe how you must feel right now. We will definitely keep all of you in our prayers. I know, I can't wait until the day when we will all be perfect and well and whole and no cancer. I hate that word. Let me know if there is anything I can do. You are strong too!

SS said...

You and your mom are in our thoughts and prayers.

Heather said...

Please stay strong. Your mom will absorb the energy from you and your faith in her full recovery. We will be praying for you all. Please call me if you need a sympathetic ear.