Monday, February 16, 2009

Fuzzy headed, yet romantic


I had a nice weekend trip to Nauvoo, Illinois to witness my brother being sealed for eternity to his wife. It was a beautiful experience and I'm glad that I could be there for it. I flew to Dallas, flew to St. Louis, drove 3 hrs to Nauvoo, and then did the reverse two days later! The trip was fun and although it snowed a lot the night I got there, it was melted enough to be safe to drive on by the time I left. Perfect! However, I had a bit of a cold before I went and I still have it along with a killer sinus headache. So although I am back with my family whom I missed so much, I'm not much fun for them at present. I am so fuzzy headed and exhausted. I guess travel really takes it out of me.


On the upside, I got to read the whole book "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austen on this trip. What a great book to read over Valentine's weekend! I had never read it before but my friend loaned it to me and it was FANTASTIC! I love the flowery writing and the very reserved love story. Imagine a handsome, rich man offering a proposal of marriage after just talking with you for a few weeks. What a lovely idea! It's too bad that today romance is so perverted and people are shacking up before even declaring love or any kind of commitment! Anyone who hasn't read it, I suggest it highly and I'm now looking forward to watching the 6 hr movie version of it starring Colin Firth. Woo hoo! :) My wonderful in-laws visited over the weekend and helped Ben take care of the girls and I am so appreciative! They all had a great time too.


We received wonderful news yesterday that my brother-in-law popped the question to his girlfriend over the weekend (it's about time! hee hee) and they'll be getting married in the Fall. Yay! Welcome to the family!!!

I hope to feel better and get back in the swing of things soon! I hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Crysta said...

Hey Brandi, what a exciting time! Glad you made the trip, sounds exhausting. Tell everyone congrats. Love is in the air!

Kim-the-girl said...

I'm so glad you got to read the book uninterupted and that you loved it! And I'm so glad you're back! Get feeling better quickly so we can hang out soon!

Kim said...

I read P&P in high school for English. Good stuff. I've seen the 40s movie. I have NOT seen the Colin Firth version, however, I have thought about it several times....this post may just send me to Blockbuster to get it!

Amy Pennington said...

oh my fun trip!!!! I have not seen the movie, but I do love the classic books or movies that keep it pure and meaningful in the relationships department!!!