Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring is coming...

I found this graphic on an awesome blog and it sums up my attitude exactly. The trees in my front yard are blooming and today I'm taking the girls to the nursery to pick out flowers for our flower beds. In the morning, there's a nice crisp chill in the air while we walk to the bus stop and then it's perfect park weather later on. I LOVE Spring!

This morning I had a memorable conversation with Jill. She was telling me how sometimes she lets her friends borrow her jacket for PE which is first thing in the morning when it's still a little cool. She said, "It's ok because I'm not cold at all!" Then she said, "Well, actually it's a little cold but I don't want my friends to be cold. I'm trying to live by the Golden Rule." I just love that kid! Can I take credit for her? :) Yes, the Golden Rule is a big thing around here but she understands it and is applying it in her life. It made me happy to hear her being so selfless. Today I told her to pack an extra jacket (just in case) for a friend so she could still wear one too. She thought that was a great idea! :)

2 comments:

Melynie said...

What a sweet girl you have! It warms your heart to see young compassion, doesn't it?

How lucky that you get to have spring. Sigh...

Meredith said...

I love spring too - if TX had this weather all summer long, I'd be a perfectly happy camper! Oh well, we can enjoy it while it's here! Hooray for Jill, she is such a sweetie, hope mine turn out as well as yours! I'd say that sweet little conversation is a tender mercy!