Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring's evil twin

Well, Spring's evil twin has arrived at our house too. ALLERGIES! A doctor told me last year when we moved to Abilene that pretty much everyone in this town is on allergy meds. Grrrreat! :( My poor little girls have problems year round and are on meds for that. Jill & I are usually only affected in the Springtime and we got hit full force this week. I just loaded up on meds at Walgreen's and the cashier asked if I had an army of sick kids at home. :) Hopefully what I bought lasts us a long time!

We had a great weekend in Dallas with Ben's family. We watched General Conference and just hung out with cousins. On Monday, Jill & I went on her class field trip to a farm and we were very excited. Too bad it decided to be 40 degrees and hurricane windy that day! A lot of the kids had these thin jackets on and one little girl asked if I could please warm her up. Luckily Jill & I were bundled in big coats and gloves (this is April in TEXAS remember) and we weren't too frozen. Jill got to hold a bunny and a baby goat (so cute!) and fed horses, donkeys, goats, and sheep. She got to play fetch with a really awesome dog named Bliss and it made me wish I could get her a pet. But I'm just not willing to take care of a dog at this point in my life! Do any of you know of a kind of dog that is extremely clean, good with kids, and won't bark constantly??? Let me know, if so. :)

Tomorrow Jill has another field trip and the teacher asked if I would go again. This time I get to bring the little girls. We're going to Western Heritage Days at the university here. Supposed to see sheep shearing, quilting, roping, weaving, chuck wagon cooking, roping, storytelling, and strolling musicians. Should be a blast! It's supposed to be 80 of course. What is UP with this weather???

3 comments:

Crysta said...

Why do you keep coming to Dallas and not telling anyone!! :) I am glad you guys had a great time. We too are feeling the allergy gunk.

Bryner Family said...

We never have time to see anyone but family! :( I told Ben I'm going to make a special trip really soon just to see my Roanoke friends!

Melynie said...

Sorry about the allergies. I feel your pain. There's a new family in our ward who just moved here from Texas and they think it is SO COLD here! : ) It's actually okay, relatively speaking, so it's kind of funny. They said "We don't even own coats!!"