Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My cute girls


JILL: Mom, I just saw {Ben's co-worker} on Strawberry Shortcake!
MOM (quite befuddled): He was on Strawberry Shortcake?
JILL: His name was in the credits. It's {First Name} {Last Name}.
MOM: How did you know his last name?
JILL: I just know. I do my research, you know.
***
Natalie was waving at a baby over my shoulder in church.
NATALIE: Mommy! Baby!
MOM: Oh she's so cute, isn't she? Should mommy have a baby like that?
NATALIE (scowling): NO. I'M your baby!
***
My girls are keeping me laughing and having fun lately. We're also in the middle of potty-training (yes, again) with Natalie. She's actually done great today but it's all been her decision. Argh! I hope she decides to be totally trained soon! :) I've had her in panties for the last two days and she really is improving, so I shouldn't complain. I'm aiming for a goal date of 5/1 since she'll officially be 2 1/2 that day! :) Yeah right, like she'll stick to MY timeline!

I'm having a good time in my YW calling at church and love getting to know the girls. It is a VERY busy calling but I hope they will get something out of all of my effort and planning on their behalf!

Ben is scheduled to get Lasik surgery next month and I am so excited for him. He has had problems with his glasses and contacts since his last eye exam and it's just such a pain to deal with, so hopefully he'll be 20/20 this time next month!

Jill is BORED of school and wakes up every morning asking if it's the last day. She loves her friends and teacher but is tired of the kindergarten routine evidently. She is jealous that her sisters get to stay home with me all day. Lucky girls! :)

One of the favorite activities at home is coloring. Jill is making a book about animals. I print out an animal for each alphabet letter. She colors it with markers and then writes a sentence or two about each animal. (Strangely, she complains about all the boring coloring she has to do at school.) Miranda is making a princess book and is phenomenal at coloring. Great fine motor skills there! She gets really upset with herself if she gets out of the lines. Poor OCD child! She rarely gets any marker on her anymore! Natalie is actually REALLY good at leaving the markers alone! I have some Color Wonder paper and markers for her but mainly she uses crayons and colors right next to her sisters who are using markers. I'm proud of her for her restraint! :)

We are all looking forward to the summer. We'll have Miranda's birthday next month, YW Girls Camp in June (and Grandma is babysitting), Youth Conference in July, and school starts again in August! I hope we'll have time to spend a week or so in Kansas too. It actually hit 98 today and I'm wondering where Spring went???

7 comments:

Christy said...

Your girls are getting so big!

Kim-the-girl said...

Cute pictures! I love the coloring... I wonder if ANY of my kids will enjoy it? Count your blessings on that one. I feel like I got the short end of the stick because my kids HATE it! :)

Amy Pennington said...

lovin' the researcher comment! Jill is so intelligent! Glad to hear you are doing good and staying busy!

Kiera said...

So cute! I love hearing the conversations people have with their kids. They are so funny!

Nicole said...

Brandi, your girls ARE cute. They don't even have to say anything, you just have to look at them.

Crysta said...

Hard to believe Natalie is old enough to be potty-trained! We miss you guys. The girls are getting so big. You sure are keeping busy.

Meredith said...

We would LOVE to see you this weekend! And of course we didn't forget that we have dear friends in Abilene...the second they told us we were landing there I told Ben I needed to call y'all so maybe we could see you for a second. BUT I didn't realize the airport was so small and that security was AT the gate! :) They didn't let us out of the gate and I didn't know how far you lived or how long we were going to be there, so I didn't figure it would have been worth your time! But it would be so fun to see you this weekend, just keep us posted and maybe we can meet up somewhere!