Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hard to Handle


Sometimes something happens in someone's life and you think, "I can't imagine what they must be going through." Well, this time something happened that hits too close to home. My good friend Courtney Flynn, who is barely older than me and has 3 young girls and a toddler boy, was diagnosed with leukemia last week. Our great group of friends and our church organizations went right to work taking care of everything. I've been helping to organize care packages, benefit garage sales, and bake sales, etc. but still feel so helpless to truly help. She is such a wonderful person that has touched so many people's lives! Even the person who took care of their mortgage loan e-mailed me asking how she could help! I've had dozens of calls and e-mails from people asking how they can serve her family and dozens more informing me of what is already in progress! It's quite inspiring to see the amount of people who love this sweet lady. I hope and pray that this huge bump in the road of her life can be surpassed quickly with modern medicine and all the help from people's prayers all over the world! She's a strong woman and a fine example of a disciple of Christ. If you pray, please pray for her and her cute family. WE LOVE YOU COURTNEY!

1 comment:

Amy Pennington said...

It consumes our every thought. You are a good friend to be willing to organize so many things. I think everyone Courtney meets is a friend! She is so sweet and kind. You said everything so well.