Friday, November 9, 2007

Six Things

I got tagged to do this from Nicole, so here we go... SIX interesting things about me.

1. I love musicals. Pretty much anything from "back in the day" with Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire or Dick Van Dyke and I love the modern stuff too. I have to say I am a MAJOR "High School Musical" fan but it's ok because I have a 5 year old daughter who loves it and so I can say I'm watching it for her sake. :) I would LOVE to see "Phantom of the Opera" or any other Broadway show (that's clean!) someday. I recently rented "Singing in the Rain" and "The Sound of Music" to enjoy with Jill and she has inherited this wonderful quality of loving musicals!!! It's so fun to share that with her.

2. White hair. I started to get white hairs around my sophomore year of college at the ripe old age of 19. I have quite a few now. :( One day I had my hair pulled back (showing all the white) and someone told me they loved what I'd done with my hair (meaning highlights) and I just smiled. I guess I can save a ton on salon appointments!

3. Favorite curse word. No, of course I don't curse! But when I get frustrated, I am known to occasionally yell out the word, "peacock!" Yes, strange. It makes Ben laugh and whoever is around me laughs and then I usually laugh too. Calms down the situation quickly. I have NO idea where I got that.

4. Double anatomy. I was born with 2 uteruses and 2 cervixes. Very exciting. They both work. I have had 2 daughters out of the right uterus and one out of the left. But my cervixes never dilate so I guess they actually don't work. :) Thank goodness for C-sections!

5. News anchor. I have a degree from BYU in Broadcast Communications and wanted to be Katie Couric. But I got burned out on reporting by the time I graduated and realized that might not be the best career for me if I wanted a family. I loved the classes, the major, the anchoring on Community Cable News, being published in the Daily Universe, etc. but I doubt I'll use my degree in the way it was intended.

6. Good memory. One thing that is interesting but might not be as true anymore... I remember names and faces really well. A lot of my friends at BYU were blown away by how I could remember someone's name, where they lived, who their roommate was, who they were dating, what their major was, etc. after meeting them once. After having 3 kids, my brain is no longer what it used to be, but I can still remember quite a lot after meeting someone, as long as I'm not corraling my kids at the same time that I meet them! I can also remember numbers. I still remember pretty much all of my friends' birthdays (if I ever knew it, it's still in my head!) and my locker combinations from middle school and other random, useless stuff! Someone at church recently asked if I was one of those people who could look at something once and have it memorized. Evidently they think my memory is still sharp!

Ok, that's it. Oh so interesting... I tag Amy, Meredith, Cheryl, Angela, and anyone else reading my blog! :)

5 comments:

Meredith said...

You're so funny! I will try to do this too, except I don't know that there are 6 interesting things about me...I'll have to think about that! :)

Amy Pennington said...

I am so not interesting! but I will do this I guess:) oh and I love musicals too!

Nicole said...

ha ha! thanks for humoring me. Loved reading all of it. And YES, I totally remember that you are a freak of nature when it comes to remembering names and things like that....I'm quite opposite. Actually, there are a lot of people I'd love to rack your brain about from Freshman year. Can't remember their names for the life of me!

Meredith said...

OK does the most recent comment on my blog mean that y'all are moving for sure? Boo if so, I'm going to miss my favorite Bryner ladies, and so will Syd, like crazy.

Jen said...

That was one of the most interesting tags I've seen. I love people who have the name gift. They make me feel important. (My sister is like that. I have to work at it.)