Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Learning by Experience

I would much rather learn from OTHERS experience but yesterday I got first hand experience of how to deal with a backed up sewer line. GROSS! I got some carpet damage in our guest room but the plumber fixed the problem and were good to go. I guess this house had sat vacant for several months with no flushing going on, so everything hardened and then starts coming out in spurts. Nice! So anyway... I hope to never have THAT experience again in my life!

We are remodeling our kitchen! BIG expense but hopefully we will enjoy it for many years to come and it'll help us sell the house someday. We will have it fully done in about 8 weeks from now. 4 to 6 weeks to build the cabinets and countertops and then scheduling a 6 to 10 day installation period. I hope to visit family while it's being done, so I don't have to keep my kids out of the demolition zone. :) I hope this remodeling experience is a good one, as it's our first, and we'll need to do it a few more times with this house! :)

Miss J is growing up so fast. She's 4 feet 1/2 inch tall, weighs 57 lbs, and wears a size 7/8. Is she ever going to slow down?! Today at lunch, M was saying something that wasn't very clear and J said, "Little sister say what?" I about died laughing. She has great timing and says little things like that all the time. That's something that Hannah Montana says, if you all aren't into that yet. I swear my 5 year old is a 'tween already and I just don't think I'm ready for that!!!

2 comments:

Kiera said...

Gross! That would be a nightmare! I am glad you got it fixed! I loved it when my mom remodeled our house. It looked so nice!

Crysta said...

Eeww, that is something I would never like to experience either. I can't wait to see the new and improved kitchen. Glad everything got fixed up and is up and running. Man am I grateful for modern day technology, like toliets! When they work right---it beats squatting any day! hee hee.