Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What Was I Thinking?

I don't know how it snuck up on me. I've known for quite a while that it would happen but I didn't realize how bad it might be. The "terrible" phase has hit full force and I've got TWO in that phase! I don't know how people with twins (or more) do it. With Jill, she was a dream two-year-old and once three hit, we realized what everyone was telling us about. But still she was a mild and calm child even in that stage. Miranda has been a challenge since about 9 months old, so I knew we would probably be in for a few years of trouble but all of the sudden, Natalie has made it known that she is almost 2 and boy is it showing! Wow! Tantrums, yelling "no," throwing things, meltdowns over everything, etc. Miranda hasn't exited that phase and Natalie has entered. That's not fair! Not that Miranda isn't much more mature and able to verbalize what she needs these days but she's still only 3 and acting her age. I really miss having a baby who just wants to cuddle and be held or will sit and play by herself with blocks for a while. Now she wants me and she wants me NOW to get this toy down for her or re-fill her cup with juice or put her shoes on NOW! But ONLY after SHE does it FIRST! And then realizes she can't quite do everything and will demand my help at that time. Ugh. I knew she would most likely follow Miranda's example and she certainly has. Perhaps when Miranda emerges from this phase and is a helpful, sweet, calm child (and she is this more and more lately), Natalie will emerge soon after by following that great example. Hopefully!

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Just bring them over to me...then they'll REALLY learn how to be terrible! ;o) Really, though, if you need a break (I understand) drop them off sometime.

Nicole said...

Oh, good luck! And I'm starting to see the differences between boys and girls.....oh boy.

Kiera said...

I am just dealing with one! I am sorry you had to deal with two! How hard!