Thursday, September 4, 2008

Holiday









We took a nice holiday vacation to Kansas last weekend and had a lot of fun in a short amount of time. My brother's kids were up for the weekend too, so the girls got a lot of good cousin time in and, as always, got a lot of nature time. They were outside as much as we would let them and had so much fun with Grandma & Grandpa's animals. We got to see my cousin's wife and their cute twins, my uncle threw a party for the girl cousins and they watched "Ariel's Beginning" (and ate ice cream and cookies!), we celebrated birthdays for me, Maren (9/8), Mom (9/13), and Jill (9/18), my uncle took me on a shopping spree for my birthday where I got new clothes and an actual purse (not a diaper bag!), and we got our whole family picture taken together for the first time since Jill was 3 months old!!! It was SERIOUSLY time for an update. One of my friends since middle school is getting really good with her new camera and took them for us. I think she did a great job. Too bad Miranda and Natalie didn't smile their cute smiles in our small family picture but it's still cute. :) So we had fun but since the air conditioning in the van gave out 2 hours before we got home, we were really glad when we got back home to A-town. Well, Miranda wasn't. She says about 12 times a day that she wants to go back to Kansas. I told her that Grandma is coming HERE in only 3 weeks. She said, "Hmmm, how 'bout 2 hours?" She thinks everything is a negotiation! :) Jill is only happy because she gets to go to school. Otherwise, she'd be wanting to go back to Kansas 12 times a day too. :)

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Was there a family photo of you and your kids? Did I miss it somehow? Looks like you had a blast! I can't wait 'til we get to visit home!

Bryner Family said...

It's in the sidebar but you can't click on it to see it full size, so I added it to the post. :)

Meredith said...

Way cute, glad you guys had fun! We went out of town once!!! :) Hope your AC is fixed now although it's finally cooling off a bit - well, you know, it's only 95 now! Thanks for calling last week by the way, it was so much fun to chit chat!